If you could travel back in time, which Cowboys game would you visit?
Pretty soon (sooner than it feels, I promise) we’ll have 16 brand new Dallas Cowboys games to
totally freak out over enjoy. There’s nothing like football season.
There have been a lot of great Cowboys games (yes, I know, they haven’t won the Super Bowl though!) over the last half decade. There’s a chance that you attended one of them, but if you had the ability to go back and experience one of them it’s a hard thing to figure out which one.
I’ve been fortunate to attend a few games in this stretch and I’ll get the conversation started with my personal favorite: Week 10 of 2016, Dallas Cowboys at Pittsburgh Steelers. Thriller.
If I’m being honest part of the reason I’d go back and re-live that game was the company. It was my Dad and I, and Franco Harris. No big deal. Our tickets just so happened to be next to his season ones, watching the Cowboys beat the Steelers next to him is a story worth telling in my humble opinion.
There have been plenty of other thrillers over the last five years, though. We’re talking about five years that have included several amazing comebacks, unbelievable calls, and three division titles. Oh and the emergence of Dak Prescott and Ezekiel Elliott. And DeMarcus Lawrence! And Amari Cooper! And Leighton Vander Esch! It’s been good times.
- 2014 at Seattle Seahawks (one of the greatest wins of the Jason Garrett era)
- 2014 at New York Giants (Odell’s catch, but Romo to Dez sealed it)
- 2014 at Philadelphia Eagles (Romo to Dez thrice, a huge step forward)
- 2014 vs. Indianapolis Colts (NFC East captured)
- 2014 vs. Detroit Lions (playoff win!)
- 2015 DID NOT HAVE ANY NOMINEES
- 2016 at Green Bay Packers (that’s when it felt real)
- 2016 vs. Philadelphia Eagles (JASON WITTEN IN OVERTIME)
- 2016 at Pittsburgh Steelers (already mentioned)
- 2016 vs. Detroit Lions (it was a party all night)
- 2017 vs. Kansas City Chiefs (the end of the first half sucked, but all was generally well)
- 2017 vs. Washington Redskins (Dez set the record)
- 2017 at New York Giants (Rod Smith, ladies and gentlemen)
- 2017 at Oakland Raiders (Jeff. Heath. Is. The. GOAT.)
- 2018 vs. Jacksonville Jaguars (all felt okay then)
- 2018 at Philadelphia Eagles (Zeke’s hurdle, statement)
- 2018 at Atlanta Falcons (Leighton Vander Esch continued to roll)
- 2018 vs. New Orleans Saints (duh)
- 2018 vs. Philadelphia Eagles (Amari forever)
- 2018 vs. Seattle Seahawks (playoffs are always great)
What’s your choice and why?